[chirp_users] problems uploading or downloading to computer

Jim Unroe
Mon Oct 12 13:59:26 PDT 2020

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 4:52 PM Michael D. Krochter <mkrochta at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Yaesu 857 and I have the Prolific USB to Serial comm port cable. I have installed the old driver. It did work with old versions of Chirp. Now it's now working. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> 73
> Mike K.

Hi Mike,

Nothing would have changed in CHIRP that would have affected this.
Assuming that you are running Windows, I would expect that Windows
updated the driver. This happened to me about a week ago. All I had to
do (and it should be the same for you) is to use the Device Manager
application and re-select the older version (v3.2.0.0).

I keep several Prolific drivers installed and switch between them at
will for testing.