[chirp_users] Why Isn't Chirp In The Main Repository Of Linux Distros?

R G
Wed Oct 7 22:41:09 PDT 2020

Perhaps because you have already answered your own question...Just saying ;}

From: Glenn K0LNY<mailto:glennervin at cableone.net>
Sent: October 8, 2020 12:52 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: [chirp_users] Why Isn't Chirp In The Main Repository Of Linux Distros?

Hi,
I've added the DanSmith repository enough times now that I can do it without looking for the exact syntax.
But I keep wondering why Chirp is not in all Linux stable repositories.
I mean that if I want something like speech-dispatcher, I don't need to add a repository to get it.
As popular as Chirp is, can't it just be in all Linux repositories?
Thanks for any info, I have been web searching for an explanation as to why this is in general, but I have only gotten a history of repositories without really explaining an answer to my question.

Glenn