[chirp_users] baofeng uv-5x3 not able to program

Greg Cholka
Tue Nov 17 13:33:01 PST 2020

Got it.
You were correct!
Thanks Jim for helping me. I now got it to work!

Thanks again.....

Greg KB9QQi

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 9:21 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] baofeng uv-5x3 not able to program

Hi Greg,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 10:05 AM Greg Cholka <wcsa at wi.rr.com> wrote:

> I have a baofeng UV-5x3 radio. Chirp says to use uv-5r to program.
>

> After I select that radio and try to load it, the screen on my
> computer says
>
> “radio identifies as BTECH UV-5X3” Please choose the proper vendor/model and try again.
>

> I can only use uv-5r to program according the instructions with chirp. It says that this program will work with my radio. But does not.
>

> What can I do?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Greg

If it is a BTech UV-5X3 from Baofeng Tech (the radio dealer in the USA), you just use...

Vendor: BTECH
Model: UV-5X3

...to program your radio. These are the selections programming into CHIRP to support this radio model.

My guess is that you have a tab that was created from a Baofeng UV-5R and are trying to upload it into a BTech UV-5X3. You cannot "swap"
images between these 2 radio models because they are not compatible.

The quick and dirty way to get the channels from a UV-5R into a UV-5X3 radio would be to download from the BTech UV-5X3 to create a 2nd tab.
Then copy and past the channels from the UV-5R tab to the UV-5X3 tab and then upload to the UV-5X3