[chirp_users] patient help needed for newbie trying to program baofeng uv-5r+

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 10 17:36:17 PST 2020

Hi Natalie,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 8:26 PM Natalie Wren <nwren94805 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
> i have downloaded chirp and the driver needed for the usb cable to my windows 7 machine and can't get it to work. i keep getting a 'radio did not respond' message.
>
> thanks for anyone willing to help!
> natalie

The #1 cause is an incompatible device driver is installed for the
chip in the programming cable. Which chip is in your programming cable
(check Device Manager)? If it is detected as a Prolific type chip, you
must download, install and select the older, but compatible, Prolific
v3.2.0.0 device driver.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

The #2 cause is a poor connection between the 2-pin plug of the
programming cable and the socket of the radio. Some users have had to
press on the plug during the cloning process.