[chirp_users] Are Baofeng leads TTL?

Jim Unroe
Sun May 31 05:44:54 PDT 2020

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 2:32 AM Phil <phillor9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a project in mind that needs a USB interface lead and since I
> have several Baofeng programming leads I thought I might cut the radio
> end off and be left with a TTL compatible lead. Is that the way these
> leads work or are they specific to the Baofeng radio?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes. The traditional Baofeng labeled programming cable has a
counterfeit Prolific PL2303 USB-to-TTL chip inside. More recently
Baofeng labeled programming cables have been shipping with the WCH
CH341 USB-to-TTL chip.

The shell of the USB end can usually be easily be removed allowing
access to the RXD, TXD and GND terminals of the USB-to-TTL module
inside.Visit this page and scroll down to "Cosmetic Retrofit".

https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgrCable8900.php