[chirp_users] No USB Port Error

benton at siletzbay.com
Fri May 22 15:35:00 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-22 15:03, Glenn K0LNY wrote:

> I've used the Tytera cable via USB and Baofeng's cable via USB and it has
> always been recognized.
> Note, the cable I'm stuck with for now is a USB cable that should go with a
> digital radio, the Radioddity GD77-S, so I don't know if it has something
> different to the cable.
> I accidentally sent the Baofeng cable along with the GD77-S that I traded
> for the Kenwood.

I don't know if it's true of the Radioddity cable, but the GD-77 is a
DMR radio.  The other DMR radios I'm familiar with, my AT '878
principally, have the USB chip inside the radio, not in a lump in the
cable.  If your GD-77 cable doesn't have a fairly large over mold at one
end or the other, I'd suspect you have a straight-through cable and a
radio that expects the USB-serial chip to be in the cable.

Benton 21may20
--
NX7O
benton at siletzbay.com