[chirp_users] Programming Arcshell-5

Chance Fulton
Tue May 12 11:55:50 PDT 2020

The license isn't a physical license, that part is only to use the higher
powered GMRS frequencies that are usually included in blister pack radios
from big box stores.

"FRS is licensed by rule. This means an individual license is not required
to operate an FRS radio provided you comply with the rules. You may operate
an FRS radio regardless of your age, and for personal or for business use
if you are not a representative of a foreign government."

https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-divisions/mobility-division/family-radio-service-frs

That said, the Arcshell radios are most certainly not legal for FRS (for
many different reasons), and probably not for GMRS by (at least) not being
type accepted for part 95 use.

-Chance

Chance Fulton
chance.fulton at gmail.com