[chirp_users] Python2-serial

Tony Fuller
Fri May 8 06:38:42 PDT 2020

I also second the flatpak model. Python-serial is just one of several things you will need to get Chirp working on newer distributions.

If you do have pip still installed you should be able to (please excuse the formatting):

Pip install https://github.com/pyserial/pyserial/releases/download/v3.2.1/pyserial-3.2.1.tar.gz

Tony
________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 5:56:32 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Python2-serial

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 12:42 AM Phil <phillor9 at gmail.com<mailto:phillor9 at gmail.com>> wrote:
I recently upgraded to Kubuntu 20.04. I have installed Python2 but I'm
unable to find python2-serial. Any ideas?

Some have been more aggressive (Fedora) and some less so but it looks like all the more "current" releases are actively retiring Python 2 due to it being EOL.

You can try my flatpak if you have flatpak support. I would consider it experimental but I was able to download from my Wouxun UV6D.

https://hobbes1069.fedorapeople.org/chirp-20200430.flatpak

Thanks,
Richard