[chirp_users] Using Chirp to program the Yaesu FT-50r

Richard K Parrish
Sat May 2 12:55:15 PDT 2020

Follow the instructions to hold the mon key and press the PTT 3 times.  Unit goes into Clone mode, then get a CERR

Any suggestions?

Richard K. Parrish, NREMT-P, PC

Course Administrator, Woodstock FD, Com 5

35 Park Drive

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-6504

Ritchkp at gmail.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Richard Shaw
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2020 10:19 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] chirp flatpak (In need of a few brave souls)

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 9:09 PM <goldstar611 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Richard,

I did a live boot with Ubuntu 20.04, apt installed flatpak, added the runtime and installed your flatpak file. Success!
I had Chirp running on Ubuntu 20.04 in under 10 minutes!
And I was able to download and upload to several of the older Baofeng 888 radios and a Radioddity GA-2S (same driver in chirp).

Good deal!

Some notes on your current flatpak:
- Chirp needs network access for the online repeater database and to check for updates

Added, for the next version.

- Chirp complains (when launched from the console) that 2 drivers need python-future package

Ok, I'll add that with pip.

I did some more modifications to my flatpak file and here's what I found:
- pygtk fails to compile with gnome Sdk version 3.36 but compiles on 3.26. gnome Sdk 3.30 is unsupported for some reason.
  - I'll look into how to get things working on a newer version

I'm using 3.28 as the current target. I'm not sure I really need to be using the gnome sdk over the regular freedesktop sdk but I inherited that with the json file.

- Nolan's repo has a lot of stuff mine is missing.
  - Like a desktop shortcut

Mine should show a desktop shortcut. It worked with a local repo install.

Thanks,

Richard