[chirp_users] Only 99 channels with Kenwood TM-281A

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Fri May 1 17:18:13 PDT 2020

I've got a copy of Win10 that came with this laptop but not sure which is the easiest sandbox to use. I was dual booting but Windows updates seem to destroy GRUB too easily.

> On 01 May 2020 at 19:18 benton at siletzbay.com wrote:
>

>     >> On 01 May 2020 at 18:44 Jardy Dawson via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>     >>
>     >> Have you tried factory software?
>

>     On 2020-05-01 15:54, Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
>
>         > >         No. Don't have a Windows computer.
> >
> >     >

>     If you're willing to install, you can get the free (non-commercial use) VM from VmWare, and a Win-10 Pro disk off eBay for ~ $25.
>
>     And if you later realize you made the initial Win partition to small, like me, EaseUS has a free partition management tool that was fairly intuitive.
>
>     I went this route so I could run the OEM, Win-only SW for my DMR HT and updating my Garmin GPS.
>
>     Benton 1may20
>     --
>     NX7O
>     benton at siletzbay.com mailto:benton at siletzbay.com

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net