[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RA...lost first words

Bill Card
Tue Mar 31 12:31:42 PDT 2020

This is relating to the discussion about...

>> "I am using a UV-5RA and it has about a sec delay before I hear the
other person talk is this normal or is there a setting someplace that I can
change? A real pain as it cuts off the other persons one or 2 first words."

I've followed the discussion but haven't seen anyone mention that, if the
other person in your communication is using VOX, you'll lose the first few
words of his/her transmission. When I used to use it with CBs on
motorcycles, we had to blow into the mic, wait a second, then transmit to
avoid loss of the first few words.

So it might not be your radio at all.