[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RA

Jim Unroe
Mon Mar 30 16:05:29 PDT 2020

>> I am using a UV-5RA and it has about a sec delay before I hear the other person talk is this normal or is there a setting someplace that I can change? A real pain as it cuts off the other persons one or 2 first words.
>>
>> Thanks

Set menu 35 (STE), menu 36 (RP-STE) and menu 37 (RPT-RL) to OFF

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_MenuDef.php

You can do this within CHIRP as well...

Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Squelch Tail Eliminate (HT to HT): [ ]
Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Squelch Tail Eliminate (repeater): OFF
Settings -> Advanced Settings -> STE Repeater Delay: OFF