[chirp_users] Chirp will not start in Fedora 31 nor 32 b

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Sun Mar 29 10:07:22 PDT 2020

Chirp is functionally identical on all operating systems.
The programming of your Baofeng will be the same on all versions.

> On 29 March 2020 at 13:03 Darrell & Sandy via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
>

>     But I a not running Linux, I have Windows 10, so how do get rid of the build from my Baofeng?
>

>     On Sunday, March 29, 2020, 01:00:06 AM EDT, Joe Osborne <godzilla49 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 15:52 Tony Fuller < goldstar611 at hotmail.com mailto:goldstar611 at hotmail.com > wrote:
>
>         > >

> >         I fully believe it is your latter guess, that Fedora 32 is missing python2, but I am not a Fedora user and am not familiar with their packaging. If you search the list archive you will see mails about Fedora (and other distros) removing python2 by default.
> >
> >         I am testing Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa) and although python2 is not installed by default, I can still get it by running apt install python2. Well just have to see if that still works next month when Canonical releases.
> >
> >         Tony

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net