[chirp_users] Struggling to get download or upload from TM281

John Holmes
Mon Mar 16 10:22:15 PDT 2020

Before sending the downloaded bug I thought I’d take a look at it and the comms were shutting down because the radio reported itself as a TM-271, when I changed the model to 271 it downloads just fine. This is bizarre as the radio is badged as a TM281 !

73 from
John W Holmes
K4VMG
G4VMG

________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Tony Fuller <goldstar611 at hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 12:07:17 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Struggling to get download or upload from TM281

It sounds like the drive may have encountered a setting it didn't know how to handle. Can you create a debug log file and attach it to a new issue on the bug tracker?

Also how new/recent is the radio? We've seen firmware changes break the driver in unexpected ways (such as showing blank dialog windows and such)

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/issues/new

Tony