[chirp_users] unable to install

Jim Unroe
Wed Jun 24 12:28:50 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 2:22 PM Donald Jacob <wb5eku at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Windows 10 system,
> I tried to install daily 20200622-installer.exe
> and received this message. I tried running as Administrator with same results.
> Can't write: C:\Program Files (x86)\CHIRP\_hashlib.pyd
>
> I do have an earlier version installed, should I remove that one?
> If so, what will happen to my data for the older version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Don
> WB5EKU

Hi Don,

You don't have to uninstall CHIRP before updating it. CHIRP
automatically removes all of the files from the previous version as a
part of the update process. You do have to make sure CHIRP isn't
running (the installer can't replace files that are in use).

And even if you are running as an Administrator level user, it is a
good practice to right click the "installer" file and choose "Run as
administrator".