[chirp_users] Radioddity QB25

Byron Boggs
Fri Jun 19 11:49:55 PDT 2020

I don't have the factory software.  My xyl threw the shipping box out and the disk was in it.  Don't know how to obtain the version.  I tried to download the software from the internet without success.

Sent from Byron Boggs
kc8ue at hotmail.com
________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 2:00:19 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Radioddity QB25

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 1:23 PM Byron Boggs <kc8ue at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I purchased the QB25 with hopes of installing it in my pickup truck.  I have two programming cables for it, the one that came with the radio and an FTDI cable that I purchased recently.
> My problem us error messages.  Depending on the port configuration, I get an error message that states it failed to identify the radio, OR the it failed to enter the clone mode.  I have tried other variants of this radio like the QTY7900.  I have tried Windows 10 and an old laptop with Windows XP.  Same error message on either operating system.  Searching through requests I see others have experienced the same issue.  I have clicked on the post for that issue but it doesn't do anything and I am at a loss as to what I need to do.  I have used Chirp to program the little UV5R units without issue.
> Suggestions will be greatly appreciated
>
> Byron
> Kc8ue

Hi Byron,

Your QB25 most likely has an MCU-Version that is not recognized by
CHIRP. I recently submitted a patch to add one in May (VC4114) and
another one in June (VC4104) but the most recent one hasn't been
accepted yet. There are quite a few patches in the queue to be
accepted but the process has been slowed down by the Covid-19
pandemic. Unless it has an even different MCU-Version than the one I
just added, it will be supported in the next CHIRP daily build. You
can determine the MCU-Version using the factory programming software.
It will be shown in the bottom status display area.