[chirp_users] Ubuntu 20.04: no installation candidate

Pat Anderson
Sun Jun 14 12:57:49 PDT 2020

The PPA you need to add to get CHIRP is NOT an Ubuntu repository, it is Dan
Smith's repository:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

The problem you will  run into is that CHIRP requires Python 2.7, and
Ubuntuy 20.04 only comes with Python 3 by default.

You can download and install Python 2.7 in Ubuntu  20.04, but then you need
to figure out how to switch between Python versions.

I looked at that and decided it was not worth it, I am sticking with 16.04
LTS.

Pat Anderson
KD7OAC