[chirp_users] Chirp Linux - Sorting frequencies

Jim Unroe
Mon Jun 8 04:51:18 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 7:43 AM Fernando Pompeo <fjpompeo at bol.com.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use chirp to manage the frequencies of my Yaesu FT-7800R VHF/UHF radio to upload and download it works very well but I don't know how to sort all memories by frequency.
> I have almost two hundred frequencies memorized!!
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Regards,
>
> Fernando - Call sign PU2PLL - Brazil

Hi Fernando,

I can think of several ways to do this. One quick-and-dirty way to do
it would be to download from your radio a second time or load a
previously saved CHIRP Radio Images (*.img) file twice to create 2
tabs that are compatible with your radio. On one of the tabs, click
the "Frequency" column heading to sort the column by frequency (the
default sorting is by "Loc"). Then copy-and-paste the memory rows as
needed from the tab sorted by Frequency to the tab sorted by Loc.