[chirp_users] Ubuntu 20.04 chirp not found

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
Fri Jun 5 11:03:46 PDT 2020

Nothing complicated about Python2.
Go to python.org, download V2.7 something and install the .deb file.

> On 05 June 2020 at 13:49 Pat Anderson <anderson5420 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     There seems to be a lot of confusion here, and very complicated proposed solutions. The simplest solution is to revert your Ubuntu to any version that still include Pythons 2,7, which apparently anything  before 20.04  (I use 16.04 and have never felt compelled to get a newer version), then USE DAN SMTH'S repository and install according to his instructions. Here is a copy and paste fromhttp://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp//Downloads :
>

>     If you are using Ubuntu linux (or a compatible variant such as Mint) you should install and use the PPA like this:
>
>       sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
>       sudo apt-get update
>       sudo apt-get install chirp-daily
>

>     On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:26 AM Richard Shaw < hobbes1069 at gmail.com mailto:hobbes1069 at gmail.com > wrote:
>
>         > >         On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 12:22 PM < wa0sbu at kslimmer.com mailto:wa0sbu at kslimmer.com > wrote:
> >
> >             > > >
> > >             Richard, why not install Python 2.7 and be done with it?  Edit your sources list and you will receive the updates like you did before.
> > >
> > >         > >
> >         I am. I'm building Python 2.7 from source within the flatpak sandbox environment. The problem is it's not finding the gtk python module even though it is getting built as well.
> >
> >         Thanks,
> >         Richard
> >
> >     >     _______________________________________________ chirp_users mailing list chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users This message was sent to Nigel Gunn, W8IFF at nigel at ngunn.net To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com

Nigel A. Gunn, ///shoulders.outwards.resolutions   tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net