[chirp_users] Connecting TTo The Kenwood TH-F6

Glenn K0LNY
Wed Jun 3 13:37:10 PDT 2020

Great, can you tell me which menu number it is?
I can go into the menu and count the clicks forward or backward, it beeps on menu #1, so if it is a ways down in the menus, maybe you can tell me how many backwards clicks to go for this option.
Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
From: Nicolas Pike
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Connecting TTo The Kenwood TH-F6

You need to select PC interface on the kenwood radio

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020, 20:23 Glenn K0LNY <glennervin at cableone.net> wrote:

  Hi All,
  I thought I'd try connecting the cable and radio to my windows computer with the Kenwood software.
  I was able to enable three different USB ports of the available 20 listed, without an error on selection.
  But on all of them, I get the error that the port timed out.
  In researching this on-line, one thing I found, that I don't know if it is right, is that someone said that in the Kenwood menus I need to switch the speaker out from speaker to data.
  I would think that if that is an option, that it would be the default option.
  Does anyone with a Kenwood know if this is the case in the menus?
  Since I cannot read the display, I can't look myself.
  I'm just trouble shooting before going back to the Chirp software.
  Glenn