[chirp_users] Connecting TTo The Kenwood TH-F6

Glenn K0LNY
Wed Jun 3 12:21:51 PDT 2020

Hi All,
I thought I'd try connecting the cable and radio to my windows computer with the Kenwood software.
I was able to enable three different USB ports of the available 20 listed, without an error on selection.
But on all of them, I get the error that the port timed out.
In researching this on-line, one thing I found, that I don't know if it is right, is that someone said that in the Kenwood menus I need to switch the speaker out from speaker to data.
I would think that if that is an option, that it would be the default option.
Does anyone with a Kenwood know if this is the case in the menus?
Since I cannot read the display, I can't look myself.
I'm just trouble shooting before going back to the Chirp software.
Glenn