[chirp_users] Fw: No USB Port Error

Gary Woods
Wed Jun 3 08:34:27 PDT 2020

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 10:11:30 -0500, you wrote:

>Has anyone here used a cable for a Kenwood TH-F6 with only one plug?

I use an RT Systems dual-plug cable  with chirp to program my TH-F6;
no virtual port needed, but this is under windoze 7. The place I ran
across that virtual port is with a TS-590S; it creates a com port via
the USB connection.  That radio also has the usual DB-8 serial
connector that talks at the same time as the USB version; I'm not
currently using it, since vxpe "splits" the USB virtual port to talk
to logger, fldigi, wsjt-x in any combination without juggling what
brain cells this old ham has left.
--
Gary Woods O- K2AHC   Public keys at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic, or get 0x1D64A93D via keyserver
fingerprint =  E2 6F 50 93 7B C7 F3 CA  1F 8B 3C C0 B0 28 68