[chirp_users] Fw: No USB Port Error

Glenn K0LNY
Wed Jun 3 08:27:18 PDT 2020

I found this on the Chirp site, which indicates that the Kenwood TH-F6 requires the two prong plug, which is the one I used, and it further states that the cord for the Baofeng should work on the Kenwood TH-F6, at least in Linux.
https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/CableGuide
Kenwood Radios
TH-F6A, TH-K2A

These radios use a two-pronged cable that plugs into the microphone and speaker jacks simultaneously. Note: many Chinese radios such as the Wouxun, and
Baofeng UV-5R use the same two prong cable as these Kenwoods.

Build your own cables:
list of 1 items
• Miklor Site's Baofeng DIY
 (The UV-5R cable will work for these Kenwood)
list end

----- Original Message -----
From: Glenn K0LNY
To: Jardy Dawson ; Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Fw: No USB Port Error

How does one go about doing virtual com ports in Linux?
In windows, I have a lot of them.
But I can really only use Chirp in Linux, as it is doable in windows, but difficult in Windows when it is working right, because of the fact that Chirp in Windows does not work well with a screenreader, I would not want to try and figure this out in Windows.
I mainly use windows, and only boot to Linux for things like using Chirp, or working with disk partitions and the like.
But since Chirp worked as normal in Linux with the new cable and my Baofeng, I know that the cable is working and Chirp is working.
This cable has a plug in that resembles a headphone plug and a variety of different cords for different radios.
One of the ones that worked for the Baofeng has two tips as the Baofeng cable does, but there is only one other cable with two tips and that fits neither radio.
The other tips only have one plug a couple of which are too small to fit in the bigger jack.
I guess I didn't try the smaller tips in the smaller of the Kenwood jack.
Maybe the smaller plug on the radio is the important one?
The cables aren't labeled, so I had to try them and see if they work.
Has anyone here used a cable for a Kenwood TH-F6 with only one plug?
Glenn
Glenn