[chirp_users] Serial communication code ??

Martin Cooper
Tue Jul 28 13:20:14 PDT 2020

Hi Anne,

It rather depends on what you're looking for, but you'll find code that
opens / closes the serial port in:

./chirp/ui/mainapp.py

As you might imagine, the port is used by code in many places, including
the drivers. The drivers, in turn, use the port in different ways,
depending on whether, for example, the radio is clone mode or live mode.

If you're on Linux or Mac, grep is your friend. For example:

$ grep -r "import serial" --include="*py" .

Hope that helps.

Martin.
KD6YAM