[chirp_users] Abbree AR-F3

Jim Unroe
Sat Jul 25 12:43:07 PDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 3:28 PM Gary A. Cox <garyacox at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Message Reads:
> An error has occurred
> Error reading data from radio not the amount of data we want.
>
> Gary A Cox
> Sent from my iPhone

Gary,

So there is currently no communication between the radio and CHIRP.
Assuming that you now have the correct device driver installed, I
would double check that COM5 is actually the one assigned to the
programming cable. My Windows 10 computer has a COM1 one available
that most programming wants to connect to so I always have to move it
to COM3 (or other depending on which programming cables I am using).

I would also check to make sure the radio end of the programming cable
is properly connected to the radio. It is common for the 2-pin plug to
stick when inserted and not be fully inserted. I had this issue with
my first UV-82. It sticks solidly and I would have sworn that it was
fully inserted. But close examination revealed that it was not so a
quick wiggle and push of the plug got it to go the rest of the way.
Some have to go as far as pressing on the plug during the cloning
process to get the required connection.