[chirp_users] Update on ANYTone 7787uv no TX on UHF

John KI4RO
Thu Jul 9 16:18:43 PDT 2020

Well, I've been pecking away at it and finally solved the mystery.  At
first it would seem to have been some kind of antenna issue so I switched
over to my Arrow and had the same results....about 1 microsecond of TX and
then gone.
This all seemed to have started after I first loaded the memories using
CHIRP.  I didn't deliberately change any parameter that would stop TX on
UHF but apparently there is one.  I went to Function Memory 18 which allows
the rig to be reset in one of two ways.  The first way is a complete reset
of every parameter and clearing the memories back to factory default.  The
second way will clear the parameters and leave the memories in tact.  That
was the way that finally let me start transmitting again on UHF.  I am
unable, at this time, to see these parameters but obviously something had
to go back to factory default. hi hi
Had to make a run to Huntington WV today and, of course, no one answered
with whom I could try out the rig hi hi  Maybe next time

73
John KI4RO