[chirp_users] Programming Troubles

Jonas Haiduk
Sun Jan 5 13:36:30 PST 2020

My friend had his radio programmed for him by somebody else that he can't contact for help. I'm glad I reached out to the CHIRP community. I feel like I have a few things to try, whereas before I was definitely lost.

Jonas
________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
Sent: January 5, 2020 1:44 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programming Troubles

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 11:55 AM Jonas Haiduk <jhaiduk at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My friend gave me a spreadsheet of frequencies programmed into his radio, which included the following
>

> I can hear him through my radio, but I cannot send to him so that he can hear me. Attached is a screenshot of what I attempted in CHIRP. I have a feeling the problem I am experiencing is due to the Channel Spacing column from his spreadsheet, which I'm not sure how to deal with in CHIRP
>
> I have a BAOFENG A-58 and am using CHIRP for Mac.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
>
> Jonas

Hi Jonas,

You friend probably made a mistake on the information that he sent
you. It is unusual to not program an encodde (TX) CTCSS tone without a
matching decode (RX) CTCSS tone on simplex. What I would do is program
2 channels and upload them to your radio...

Channel 1: Tone Mode = Tone | Tone = 131.8
Channel 2: Tone Mode = TSQL | ToneSql = 131.8

Try them both. Keep the one that works.