[chirp_users] Programming Troubles

Tony Fuller
Sun Jan 5 11:15:54 PST 2020

"It won’t change IF you can hear the other or not"

A loud signal at the microphone of a transmitter set for "wideband FM" (25kHz) should cause RF deviations "out of band" as far as a NFM receiver is concerned. Speaking softly into the mic should be heard just fine up to a point.

Tony
________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Jardy via chirp_users <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2020 1:05:04 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programming Troubles

The only thing that is going to change when you go from FM to NFM is the voices will sound ‘funny’. It won’t change IF you can hear the other or not. As pointed out before, check your tone or DCS settings.

Jardy Dawson WA7JRD

Message sent from some electronic device that only the Manufacturer of said device really cares about.