[chirp_users] TYT 8600

Jim Unroe
Sat Jan 4 16:45:21 PST 2020

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 4:58 PM Bruce Cram <kd4jfd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Tried programming radio with software that came with the Prolific Chip cable, it would not display text.  Downloaded CHIRP Daily dated 4 Jan 2020, but could not find radio in list. Tried several other radios without success.
>
> What do you suggest?
>
> Bruce Cram
> KD4JFD

Hi Bruce,

CHIRP does not support the TYT TH-8600 radio model. I don't have this
radio but I downloaded the programming software from the TYT website
and installed it on my Windows 10 computer. I don't know why you meant
it doesn't display text.

Are talking about channel names? The software I installed allowed me
to enter channel names up to 16 characters. Without a radio I don't
know if the radio supports that menu characters, though.

Are you talking about you entered channel names but the don't display
in the radio? If that is the case, like most radios that I've dealt
with, entered channel names don't display until you enable them as the
display format. The software allows you to set the display format on
the Basic setting page using the "Dis Mode" setting. The choices are
Frequency|Channel|Name.