[chirp_users] copying from BF 3TP to BF GT-5TP

Chance Fulton
Fri Feb 28 04:22:52 PST 2020

I would not recommend writing a different radio's img file to another one.
While it can work, it can also be catastrophic.

I use copy and paste within chirp to move data between many different
radios and it seems to work fine. Kenwood to Baofeng, Baofeng to Kenwood,
Kenwood to Yaesu, Baofeng to Btech, etc

-73 AD8CJ

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 7:02 AM Dennis Wage <dwage at dwage.com> wrote:

> I did not know you could import an image file.
> The best way to do this does not require messing with CSV file. What
> you do is download from the source radio and save the tab to a CHIRP
> Radio Images (*.img) file. Then you download from the target radio. If
> you haven't already, save a copy of the target radio to a CHIRP Radio
> Images file as a backup. Then Import the CHIRP Radio Images file into
> the tab for the target radio. Make any other settings changes and
> upload to your radio.
>
> This page explains how to do it between ad UV-5R and a UV-82.
> https://baofengtech.com/CHIRPImport
>
> Jim KC9HI

Chance Fulton
chance.fulton at gmail.com