[chirp_users] copying from BF 3TP to BF GT-5TP

Jim Unroe
Thu Feb 27 19:07:24 PST 2020

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 8:33 PM Hugh & Sylvia Greenwood <hughgr at shaw.ca> wrote:

> I hate to bother the group with this, but here we go.  I have 2 Bao Feng GT-3TP units, no problem using CHIRP  to transfer between them using the latest daily build and the recommended configurations from the home CHIRP  page. Editing works fine and changes transfer properly.
>

> But when I try to do exactly the same from the 3-TP to the 5-TP the cloning fails because I cannot open the panel giving access to the UV 82 HP configuration that is required.  I can download from the radio just fine, and upload to the radio, so the program cloning is talking to the GT-5TP. When I go to ‘file’ and get the file I want to put in the GT-5TP,  the system will not give me access to the proper configuration for that  radio because somehow it has  lost the configuration inherited from down loading and uploading.
>

> I tried using the ‘export csv’ option, with the same result.
>

> Sorry to be simple but I’m stumped.
>

> Hugh VE7MDA

The best way to do this does not require messing with CSV file. What
you do is download from the source radio and save the tab to a CHIRP
Radio Images (*.img) file. Then you download from the target radio. If
you haven't already, save a copy of the target radio to a CHIRP Radio
Images file as a backup. Then Import the CHIRP Radio Images file into
the tab for the target radio. Make any other settings changes and
upload to your radio.

This page explains how to do it between ad UV-5R and a UV-82.
https://baofengtech.com/CHIRPImport