[chirp_users] Permissions for serial device under Linux

Pat Anderson
Wed Feb 26 20:53:56 PST 2020

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 under crouton on an Asus Flip C302 Chromebook.
For the most part this setup works great on most everything except access
to the tty device.  I have added myself to the dialout group, but I still
need to manually do a chmod on /dev/ttyUSB0 in order to avoid the
permissions error.  It is not a big problem to do this, but I thought that
if I were in the dialout group, that would allow me to use the serial port
without the chmod.  Can anybody tell me what might be going on?

Pat Anderson
KD7OAC