[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-V9

Matej Kovacic
Sat Feb 1 23:55:59 PST 2020

Hi,

so, I have CHIRP daily-20200107, I am running it under Ubuntu Bionic
(Linux), and I am a member of dialout group.

When I connect the cable, I can see a ttyUSB0 device:

ls /dev/ttyUSB0 -lha
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 feb  2 08:40 /dev/ttyUSB0

I also checked, cable is connected all way down and volume on a Baofeng
is on max.

So...

Under Chirp I select port: /dev/ttyUSB0
Vendor: Baofeng
Available models are: BF-A58, BF-A58S, BF-T1, BF-F8HP, F-11, UV-5R,
UV-6, UV-82HP, UV-82, UV-B5, GT-3WP, BF-888, UV-3R, UV-5X, UV-6R,
UV-82III, UV-82WP, UV9R.

> BF-V9 is a version of UV-5R. Try UV-5R for programming

I tried with *UV-5R* and got this:

ERROR: Clone failed: Radio did not respond
ERROR: --- Exception Dialog: Radio did not respond ---

> I have a Bf-f9v2+ and I used the bf -8hp radio setting for it.

I tried with *BF-F8HP*, and got this:

ERROR: Clone failed: Radio did not respond
ERROR: --- Exception Dialog: Radio did not respond ---

> If the BF-V9 is truly like the BF-888s, then you should try the BF-888
> model selection to download from your radio. If it does not download,
> post the exact error message, or better yet attach the debug.log file.

I tried with *BF-888* and got this:

ERROR: Clone failed: Radio refused to enter programming mode
ERROR: --- Exception Dialog: Radio refused to enter programming mode ---

Any idea how to continue?

P. S.: on the radio it is stated:

Model: BF-V9

Power: 5W