[chirp_users] Are packages 64 bit?

John
Sat Dec 26 04:00:05 PST 2020

That depends.

The Unix versions are distributed as Python scripts so it would depend
on the version of Python installed. The Windows versions (installer and
.ZIP) wrap everything into binaries. Since the installer places the
binaries in C:\Program Files (x86) and the ZIP file name contains a
reference to 'win32' it would seem that both versions are 32-bit. I am
unsure regarding the Mac version, but the information here suggests that
it uses the systems 64-bit python runtime:

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MacOS_Tips#Application-Security-in-MacOS-1015-Catalina

--
John.