[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Dan Smith
Mon Dec 21 10:53:04 PST 2020

> Nothing has changed in this module in today's build, meaning nothing should be different from this vs. the last build. Sounds like it's just missing from the windows installer-based build? Anything in the debug log during chirp startup? I'll have to get my hands on a windows machine to try to reproduce and debug,  but nothing stands out as a likely reason.

Okay, sure enough, in the build logs I see that the process wasn't able to install the future module:

>   Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0131B0B0>, 'Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)')': /simple/future/
>   Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement future (from versions: )

This turns out to be related to a smallish change in the network topology where the build environment runs, which prevented the build from accessing the public internet. I've fixed that now and have regenerated today's build and updated the files in the build directory:

https://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20201221/

Thanks for the attention to detail from all involved!

--Dan