[chirp_users] oddities (failures) finding/installing on Ubuntu 20.04

Tony Fuller
Tue Aug 25 10:37:59 PDT 2020

I'm still of the belief that it's easier to install flat pak and then install the chirp flatpak package vs a number of command line operations.

The flatpak files get published next to the Windows I stalled and Mac application. https://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/

Tony.
________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Glenn K0LNY <glennervin at cableone.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 12:02:03 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] oddities (failures) finding/installing on Ubuntu 20.04

Are you kidding?
I've used Ubuntu since version 8, and often go to Ubuntu for certain tasks,
because I am still a windows user, and I used DOS quite a bit back in the
day, and still recall all the CLI commands of DOS.
But I use Linux for chirp for screenreader reasons, Chirp is challenging in
windows with a screenreader.
But reading all this makes my head spin.
Even if the Linux CLI was my strength, I can't imagine doing all that.
I'd sooner install a live Linux that still uses the old repository for use
with Chirp.
But to each their own, JMO.
BTW, Why aren't there scripts to do all that?

Glenn