[chirp_users] Chirp and BaoFeng UV 5R not communicating

R G
Sat Aug 22 19:10:40 PDT 2020

Hi;
I’m new, however this happened to me several times. I found that if I disconnected the cable and started everything from START, it solved my problem every time...Hope this helps...Like I said I am NEW to this.  ;}
Regards
Ron

From: John LaMartina<mailto:JohnLa at usa.net>
Sent: August 22, 2020 8:56 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP<mailto:chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Chirp and BaoFeng UV 5R not communicating

This may assist.
Www.Miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php

John
Www.Miklor.com/UV5R

On Aug 22, 2020, at 6:45 PM, Charles Gierke <cgierke at cox.net> wrote:

On Wednesday my 2 BaoFeng UV 5R radios could download and upload to CHIRP.

On Friday all I got was the following message:  Radio Did Not Respond.

I tried reloading the latest version of CHIRP, no change.  I tried an earlier version of CHIRP, no change. I reloaded the latest version back, no change.  Visually the radio's red light blinks then the LED display blinks then the error message shows up on CHIRP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Chuck KJ7INT