[chirp_users] qyt radio

Jim Unroe
Thu Aug 13 11:06:02 PDT 2020

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 12:54 PM Neil - ee <ne.b at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> found one of these on ebay, is there any compatablitly with chirp yet, even as another radio type?
>
> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363060256740 Quad Band Handheld 2-Way Radio KT-8R
>
> as i tempted to get one but only if chirp woud work.

Hi Neil,

It is not currently supported. I did a little work with someone that
had one. From what I have seen, I don't think that it would be very
hard to add support for the KT-8R. Unfortunately the person with the
radio was no longer available to work with me with reverse engineering
and testing, so I was unable to continue. I've not been able to
convince myself to spend $60 to add another radio to my collection of
unused radios. ;-)