[chirp_users] Recommendations on "under $400.00" hand-held
chirp at trinnet.net
Wed Apr 22 18:30:57 PDT 2020
$400 for an HT these days will buy you a lot of radio. As such, you
need to give us more criteria to help guide you:
- Are you only looking for an analog FM radio or something that
supports digital modes?
- If also digital modes, would you want DMR, Yaesu System Fusion,
D-star, P25, etc?
- If just analog FM, would you want just one VFO or two real VFOs
- Would you want full duplex support?
- Would you want wide band receive of say HF, SHF, etc? Maybe RX of
other modes like USB, LSB, CW, etc?
- Would you want APRS on this HT?
- What about say Bluetooth audio?
- Is programming via Chirp a requirement? If not, is computer based
programming a requirement? If so, what OS? WIndows, Mac, Linux?
I can keep going here but I think you get the point.
On 04/21/2020 06:34 AM, Bret Goodfellow wrote:
> Hello Friends,
> I am using an 8 year old radio, Wouxun KG-UV3D. It’s worked well for my limited use. I’m looking to get a new hand-held radio under $400. Any suggestions on radios not made in China? Suggestions on Chinese radios?
> Thanks for your expertise!
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> This message was sent to David Ranch at chirp at trinnet.net
> To unsubscribe, send an email to chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the chirp_users