[chirp_users] Import/Export and CROSS

Jim Unroe
Tue Apr 28 19:16:56 PDT 2020

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 9:22 PM Don Goodrich <don.goodrich at cheerful.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jim
>
> My issue with this approach is that I support a large group of HAM radio operators that want to keep the "image" in sync with all of their radio's which cover multple, versions, models, and makes of radios (over 200 HAMs) where the CSV file is the common denominator for all of them.  Unfortunately, an image file is unique for each radio.
>
> The only work around I have then is to import the CSV and manually repair the entry for every radio programmed.... what would normally take less than 60 seconds per radio to several minutes.
>
> Don

Don,

Then do like I do. My UV-5R image is my master image. I have several
different brands and models of radios here. Whenever I program a radio
I just "import" the UV-5R's *.img file into the tab that I am
programming. It works exactly the same as importing a CSV file (you
just choose *.img instead of *.csv) except, it handles more settings
(such as split DCS codes, Cross Mode settings and "Other" settings
like BCL).