[chirp_users] Recommendations on "under $400.00" hand-held

David J. J. Ring, Jr.
Tue Apr 21 08:31:29 PDT 2020

Deuce,

If it works well, keep using it, invest in something else, even DRM or
some HF radio.

The unit you have is just as good as others, unless you work in Emergency Comms where it will overload with nearby signals
and possibly you will miss a critical broadcast, but that doesn't apply to
99% of us.

Buy a yagi and all mode radio, SSB/CW/AM is much different than FM, and I bet you'd love it.

I have radios that are 30 years old and do everything I need so I keep them.

The radios that don't do what I need, I replace with ones that do what I need.

Just an observation.

73
David N1EA

Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 07:34:19AM -0600