[chirp_users] CHIRP on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and WINE

Tom Consodine
Mon Apr 20 15:57:27 PDT 2020

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS will be released in a few days. I installed the beta
version of Xubuntu to see how it works.

Ubuntu has dropped Python 3 and the old repo version of CHIRP.
The chirp-daily Linux tarball will no longer run locally because of
Python 2 no longer being available. A lot of people using CHIRP on Linux
are not going to be happy.

I installed the Windows version of chirp-daily on WINE 5.0 and it
appears to work but the GUI theme looks terrible and the memory editor
column order isn't saved if I rearrange the columns.

Are there any other Windows DLLs or components that should be installed
with winetricks to improve CHIRP's appearance or functionality when
running it under WINE?

Tom ND5Y