[chirp_users] "offline programming"

Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF nigel at ngunn.net
Mon Sep 2 20:28:35 PDT 2019

You don't need to be connected to the radio to edit data that has been previously downloaded from the radio or that was loaded from a disc file.

> On 02 September 2019 at 22:39 Michal Smialowski <mooksmd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     When using CHIRP on a Yaesu VX-170, is it necessary to have the radio connected to the computer in order to modify the programming? I have a VX-170 that I field programmed. I downloaded the radio to CHIRP> I disconnected the radio then tried to modify the programming. Specifically, tried deleting a channel with the "move memory up" option. When I did that  a message came up "searching for memory"... ( or something close to that). Then the program got hung up.
>     Is this true for other radios as well ?
>     Tnx
>     Mike VE7SML

Nigel A. Gunn, 1865 El Camino Drive, Xenia, OH 45385-1115, USA. tel +1 937 825 5032
Amateur Radio G8IFF W8IFF and GMRS WRBV701, e-mail nigel at ngunn.net www http://www.ngunn.net