[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Dan Smith
Wed Sep 25 07:27:22 PDT 2019

> A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
> directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
> bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
> from the following location:
>
>  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-20190925

This set includes a new "unified" MacOS build, which could use some testing. It bundles the entire runtime with the app itself, which means you do not need install it separately. Ideally for testing, you would *remove* the runtime from your system (which unfortunately Apple does not make very easy). If anyone has a spare MacOS system, virtual machine, or can clean the runtime from their system for testing, I'd surely appreciate some feedback about how this is (or is not) working, either here or on the relevant issue:

  https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/6443

Many thanks to Barry Nelson for his work on this!

Note that this unified build uses the system python runtime, and all the libraries are 64-bit. I get no warnings about 32-bit deprecation when I run it on a test system, so I *hope* this gets us out of Catalina jail...

Thanks!

--Dan