[chirp_users] Fwd: Leixen VV--892S

Dave C
Wed Sep 18 08:31:20 PDT 2019

I just received the above radio and am having a bit of trouble with the
way CHIRP (or the radio) is handling the channels after programming.
The radio seems to work fine, the programming cable connected right away
without any driver drama, and the factory software even loaded up and
will upload and download to and from the radio, but it's otherwise
mostly useless**.  Chirp seems to work fine as well as far as reading
and writing to the radio, and I was able to import UV-5R files without
any problem.  The problem I'm having is the order of the channels is
scrambled when uploading or downloading.  I THINK it has something to do
with the separate A and B memory banks.  I made sure I selected the "A"
bank on the Settings screen,  but it still seems to scramble the
channels.  Earlier today I manually entered twelve local repeaters and
numbered them channels 1 through 12, all in Bank A, but when I
downloaded the radio to CHIRP, the #1 channel was now #4.  I also
deliberately didn't give any of the manually entered channels names, but
there were channels with names scattered in with the other unnamed
channels, apparently from Bank B.

If anyone has any ideas I'd like to hear them.

** The factory software has two separate screens for Bank A and B, and
seems to work fine moving files to and from the radio.  The problem is I
can't see any way to enter repeater offset frequencies or -/+ values; if
anyone has made the factory software work please let me know.

thanks
Dave