[chirp_users] Chirp and IC-T70

Chuck Hast
Fri Sep 13 08:19:44 PDT 2019

Folks,
I have an IC-92ad. It used to work great with Chirp but of late something
is broke too and so there are parts that
do not seem to be working quite right. I think that the first radio Dan did
was the 92ad. I think that it is some
sort of band or memory edge, I can work around it but just have to be
careful not to push it.

I also have a Id-5100 that has never got any attention. I have offered to
loan it for someone to try to get it on
chirp, but no takers. Would be nice to have both of them working.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:07 AM John Pagett via chirp_users <
chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> I've used Chirp with my IC-T70E (The European version). It's quite a while
> ago - I think Dan was the only developer at the time, and we emailed back
> and forth to get some of the functionality correct.
> As far as I remember I used a USB to RS232 converter and a home brew
> interface to the transceiver.
> I haven't used Chirp for a year or two so it's possible something has
> broken in the meantime.
>
> 73
> John
> G4YTJ
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On 13 Sep 2019, at 00:55, Kenneth Bell <kbell at kbellco.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Chirp says it will work with the IC-T70, but I’m not able to make it
> work.   My symptoms are that I am able to download from the radio without
> any problem.  When I try to send to the radio, it hangs up and does a reset
> back to factory settings. I have posted a bug, but after a month no one
> seems to be looking at it.
> >
> > Is there anyone who HAS made Chirp work with IC-T70?  Could you tell me
> the name of the cable you use?  Is your IC-T70 an A model or a E model (US
> OR Europe, I think). What version of Chirp are you using (I’m trying with
> the latest). Using Mac or PC? Version of Windows? Is there anything special
> you do to make it work?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >

> > Ken - K4EES

Chirp + Editcp + MD380Tools on Linux