[chirp_users] Baofeng A58S tri-band

Nick G4IRX
Fri Sep 6 15:50:29 PDT 2019

On 06/09/2019 16:06, Jim Unroe wrote:
>> Sent you an .img dump Jim.
>>
>> I downloaded the A58 software from 409shop.com. That will also read the
>> radio although the file is in a different format to Chirp and it's
>> installed as WP790I software, another different model! File dates are 2014.
>>
>> 73, Nick.
>>
> Nick,
>
> I took a quick look at it. Unfortunately, this radio does not provide
> any information in the image that helps CHIRP to identify the radio.
> The area usually reserved for the firmware version has no useful info.

Thanks for all your help Jim,  I think next step is to try writing to
the radio then and see if I can break it. If I do, it's not a great
financial loss.

I also discovered that the you guys managed to include the KG-UV9Dplus
in recent builds which is great news and it means that I don't need to
have the Wouxun software installed any longer. This project never ceases
to amaze me!

73, Nick.