[chirp_users] Arcshell AR-5

Tycen Stafford
Fri Oct 25 13:05:01 PDT 2019

What radio type did you pick in Chirp? Arcshell AR-5 are BF-888S clones. I
have some Arcshell AR-6 and some other BF-888S clones and they all work
well with Chirp if I use the BF-888S radio type.

HOWEVER...I did run into this issue with some of my BF-888S radios (3 out
of 6 from the same Amazon order): https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/4249

I have no problems with my counterfeit prolific cables on Mac for my other
radios - I'm past that issue. But like Jim details in that ticket (thanks
Jim! - https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/4249#note-12) there are some
BF-888S radios out there that just won't work with the counterfeit Prolific
cables (even if you've overcome the driver issue in general).

So, my solution was to finally pony up the ~$20 and get a FTDI cable (I
still use my cheap $5 counterfeit Prolific cables for the rest of my
Baofeng's).

Good luck,
Tycen