[chirp_users] Error encountered

Tony Fuller
Sun Oct 20 17:19:25 PDT 2019

Saved by Jim, that is an excellent catch.

I really did mean chirp-daily for those two apt commands.

Tony

________________________________
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com <chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com> on behalf of Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2019 10:20:12 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Error encountered

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 9:31 AM Tony Fuller <goldstar611 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Does running "sudo apt install chirp" succeed or fail?
>
> If it fails it would be good to know the results of "apt-cache show chirp" to ensure the install location is from the launchpad daily repository.
>
> Tony

You don't want to "sudo apt install chirp". You will get a very old
2016 version of CHIRP installed.

What you want is "sudo apt install chirp-daily" to get the latest
daily build version (assuming you have previously added the ppa per
the instructions on the "Running CHIRP Under Linux" page).

If you accidentally install the old version of CHIRP from the Ubuntu
repository, I believe it must be fully removed before the daily build
will install properly.