[chirp_users] Rs: setting up a uv-5ra via Chirp

Jim Unroe
Wed Oct 16 04:56:25 PDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 2:12 AM Steve <kc7byp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim. With the help of your instructions I now have the Baofeng UV-5RA ht and Chirp 99.99% figured out. I have been able to reconstruct the layout that was in the ht before the #40 reset was hit. I still have more entries to do. But the primary test worked like a champ. I did all the entries from Chirp and the ht works 100% after uploading from Chirp to the ht. The only problem I have is after up loading from Chirp to the ht I have to manually  reset #21 to frequency and #22 to name. Other then that everything will be back to the way it was after I finsh finding all the entries that where in the ht.
>
> Steve,  kc7byp at gmail.com
> From the desk of the radio station KC7BYP
> 10/15/2019

Steve,

As I mentioned earlier, either download from the radio to CHIRP again
to capture the changes to menu 21 (MDF-A) and menu 22 (MDF-B). From
within CHIRP you can perform the following steps to make the changes
or to validate that changes made in the radio are now in CHIRP...

1 click the Settings tab on the left side of the CHIRP window
2 click the Basic Settings tab (which should already be selected by
default) that should have appeared from step 1
3 the "Display Mode (A):" setting should be set to Frequency
4 the "Display Mode (B):" setting should be set to Name

In either case you should save the updated tab to a CHIRP Radio Images
(*.img) file so these changes will be stored within the saved image.